James Cameron returns to the US production crew for Avatar 2 controversially touched down in wellington, New Zealand last Sunday (June 7). Shooting for the sci-fi sequel had been put on hold since the Coronavirus pandemic will arrive, but now it’s looking like things can be continued once everyone’s will be completed their mandatory quarantine time. Over the weekend, the director and 55 members of his crew were being permitted to enter the country despite the country’s border being closed to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
This has been led to “upset” among businesses who have been trying to get crucial members of their staff back into the country to get operations back up and the running. RNZ spoke to a dairy farmer named Tom Hargreaves, who will be said it was been “outrageous” that his second in command was been stuck in Uruguay while being Cameron’s Avatar 2 crew were free to come and go.
Via stuff.com, it’s has been revealed that 56 film workers associated with the country, thanks to being special exceptions for the overseas workers. This is a big deal, considering 9 out of 10 requests for the exemptions of this nature are been rejected by the government. What are been the rules at the border? questioned Seymour. At the moment, it seems that if you’re a friend of the government, you’re in business. if not, you’re on your own.
The avatar sequel will provide hundreds of jobs and thousands of hours of work directly in the screen sector as well as jobs right across the economy he said. Under the new rebate rules, the base will be raised to 20% with another 5% available of the producers meet the specific criteria in the term of the benefits to New Zealand. The changes were being aimed at the bio the encouraging domestic production and increasing the competitiveness of our incentives for international production in the term of our incentives for the international production in the short to the medium term, a separate statement said.