Top Gun: Maverick is an upcoming American action drama film directed by Joseph Kosinski, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Tom Cruise, Christopher McQuarrie, and David Ellison, and written by Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and McQuarrie. It is the sequel to 1986’s Top Gun. Cruise and Kilmer reprise their roles from the first film.
WHEN IS TOP GUN: MAVERICK RELEASED IN YOUR NEAR CINEMAS?
The film was originally scheduled to be released on 12th July 2019 but was then pushed back almost a year to 26th June 2020. And then to 17th July 2020. Now the movie is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on June 24, 2020, by Paramount Pictures.
IS THERE A TRAILER FOR TOP GUN: MAVERICK?
Yes, there are several! The latest trailer was released during the Super Bowl:
WHO IS IN THE CAST OF MAVERICK?
Tom Cruise will reprise his role as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, accompanied by Val Kilmer’s Tom “Iceman” Kazansky, a fellow instructor and friend/former rival of Maverick.
- Miles Teller as Lieutenant Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw, a pilot trainee, and the son of Maverick’s late RIO, Nick “Goose” Bradshaw.
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin, Maverick’s love interest, who is a single mother and owner of a bar.
- Jon Hamm as a vice admiral.
- Glen Powell as “Hangman”, a pilot trainee.
- Lewis Pullman as Bob, a pilot trainee.
- Ed Harris as a rear admiral, who is Maverick’s superior.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN TOP GUN: MAVERICK?
Paramount Pictures isn’t revealing anything about the sequel’s plot, but the story is rumored to explore the relationship between human pilots and unmanned drones in the modern military. Given the film’s working title, Top Gun: Maverick, it’s expected that Cruise’s pilot character will be at the center of the story — likely fighting to affirm the value of human pilots.